Know Where and How to Find a Doctor When Your Family and Friends Start Asking
During the holidays people start searching more health information online. Your mother asks you if you’ve seen a doctor because of your back pain or you think your parents should see an optometrist. At the same time your friends ask you which dentist you see and if you could share the practice information.
BetterDoctor is a free of charge consumer service for you and your family to find a better doctor near you.
Select doctor specialty, pick your insurance plan and you’ll get a list of verified doctors near you. Find a doctor who accepts your insurance via BetterDoctor Web App or BetterDoctor App on Facebook App Center.
BetterDoctor team is committed to simplify healthcare and help every American to find the right doctor. Today we are very happy to announce that after successful Bay Area beta the service is now live nationwide with 600,000 doctors.
Check out the new features on BetterDoctor:
- Doctor name search
- New specialties: Dentists and Optometrists
- New Insurance companies: Aetna, Delta Dental and VSP
The BetterDoctor team feels that we are just getting started! We have a list of great new ideas that will make it even simpler to find the right doctor.
Keep the feedback coming email@example.com
BetterDoctor team’s roots are in mobile and we believe that it’s essential to offer a great mobile experience that helps you find the right doctor where ever you are.
The first BetterDoctor iPhone web app is now live! Point you browser at betterdoctor.com and give it a try.
Tele and Anders joined the BetterDoctor team last week. They both come from Finland via the Startup Life program that offers students and recent graduates opportunities to join some of the most exciting startups such as Rovio or BetterDoctor.
BetterDoctor Web App is now available on Google Chrome Store.
Our CEO Ari Tulla was interviewed at Health 2.0 conference in Boston.
We offer the best web and mobile apps that help consumers find and book a quality doctor in minutes. The grand plan is to help millions of people stay healthy. BetterDoctor’s Bay Area beta service is live at http://betterdoctor.com.
You’re joining a small but efficient team because you like the idea of working on the platform side of things while teaming up with a first-class front-end UI engineer. You enjoy working in an Agile environment where everyone’s opinion is considered.
This is your change to jump into a fast moving startup and experience the thrill of building something groundbreaking!
- Work directly with a cross-functional team of to develop an innovative cutting-edge web application platform.
- Design and implement features from concept to completion balancing business needs between quality, scalability, maintainability, performance on one hand versus efficient and speedy implementation on the other.
- Be responsible for the full life-cycle of projects, including requirements design, technical design, task estimation, implementation, automated testing, debugging, and deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science.
- 2 or more years of experience developing and successfully delivering scalable web applications.
- Background in Ruby on Rails preferred. Python or PHP will do, so long as you are willing to learn.
- Automated unit testing.
- Experience working in a *nix environment
- Experience with various database technologies. Preference for MongoDB.
- Experience developing applications in a startup environment emphasizing collaborative design and individual responsibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must have current US work authorization.
- Experience with scripting languages (at least one of perl, bash, ksh)
- Experience with APIs & SDKs.
- Experience with Operational Automation (Chef or Puppet)
- Be one of the very first employees!
- Stock options and competitive salary
- Flexible vacation days
- Medical insurance
Click HERE to apply.
Thanks for the 100 people who joined the BetterDoctor Launch party at the Founders Den! We sure got a good doze of the ancient medicine of laughter.
Check the 4 minute launch video from Health 2.0 Conference.
BetterDoctor had great time mingling with couple hundred techies at the TechCocktails San Francisco Mixer. It was wonderful to be able to help people to find a new doctor right on the spot.
Read more at TechCocktails.com: BetterDoctor CEO Ari Tulla: “Our goal is simplicity and transparency in healthcare”.