We offer the best web and mobile apps that help consumers find and book a quality doctor in minutes. The grand plan is to help millions of people stay healthy. BetterDoctor’s Bay Area beta service is live at
You’re joining a small but efficient team because you like the idea of working on the platform side of things while teaming up with a first-class front-end UI engineer. You enjoy working in an Agile environment where everyone’s opinion is considered.
This is your change to jump into a fast moving startup and experience the thrill of building something groundbreaking!
- Work directly with a cross-functional team of to develop an innovative cutting-edge web application platform.
- Design and implement features from concept to completion balancing business needs between quality, scalability, maintainability, performance on one hand versus efficient and speedy implementation on the other.
- Be responsible for the full life-cycle of projects, including requirements design, technical design, task estimation, implementation, automated testing, debugging, and deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science.
- 2 or more years of experience developing and successfully delivering scalable web applications.
- Background in Ruby on Rails preferred. Python or PHP will do, so long as you are willing to learn.
- Automated unit testing.
- Experience working in a *nix environment
- Experience with various database technologies. Preference for MongoDB.
- Experience developing applications in a startup environment emphasizing collaborative design and individual responsibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must have current US work authorization.
- Experience with scripting languages (at least one of perl, bash, ksh)
- Experience with APIs & SDKs.
- Experience with Operational Automation (Chef or Puppet)
- Be one of the very first employees!
- Stock options and competitive salary
- Flexible vacation days
- Medical insurance
Click HERE to apply.